Monday, February 25, 2013

shadow play

Your echoes keep bouncing off the walls of my brain and I'm feeling sick to my heart.

Sometimes I wish you could read my brain like you can read my eyes and my words.

If my brain were a projector...

You could catch every "Oh Snap".

You could shadow play on the wall of my brain.

You could watch me like you watched Cast Away.

You didn't watch Cast Away.

You could begin to understand why I take too long to eat breakfast.

But mostly I wish my brain was a projector because then the important things wouldn't get lost in translation.

Then maybe when you see me, you would stop looking at me like I'm an intruder.

Then we could sit together and make birds and dogs and bunnies shadows with our hands.

You, me, and my brain.

3 comments:

  1. "Your echoes keep bouncing off the walls of my brain and I'm feeling sick to my heart.

    Sometimes I wish you could read my brain like you can read my eyes and my words."

    Stealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But mostly I wish my brain was a projector because then the important things wouldn't get lost in tranlation. Then maybe when you see me, you wouuld stop looking at me like I'm an intruder."

    This...blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Then we could sit together and make birds and dogs and bunnies shadows with our hands."

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete