Friday, February 15, 2013

everything started to hum

Every time I think about you I think about how you might be thinking about me.
It's a tempting thought.
But I wonder what you think about.
Is it me?
It's probably her...
You seem kind of deep so you probably only think of things those types of people would think about,
like:
Old Age
and Money
and Death
and Dreams
and Laughing
and Forever
and Love
and Me.
I bet you think about me.
At least once in a while.
I bet you think about me when your favorite song plays, the one you played for me over and over again and told me I should like.
I bet you think of me when you scroll through your old text messages on three day weekends and see my name.
I bet you think of me when you wake up before the world and it's empty and quite and dark and you can just think of me all you want.
I give you permission.
It's okay.
I bet you think of me when someone has my same name but spells it differently.
Do you remember how to spell my name?
I bet you think about that time when we shared this mutual nothing, according to you.
But I bet you don't know how when I met you my world started to hum.
The trees were humming when I'd walk to church.
The snow was humming when I'd watch it dwindle to the ground.
My love sick music would hum in my head hours after I'd turn it off.
I would hum in the car to no specific song.
Everything in my world started to hum.
And then everything stopped.
It's probably because you stopped thinking about me and started thinking about her.
It's probably because you forgot how funny I am.
You probably forgot how small my hands are.
You probably forgot how I hate to dance but not with you.
You probably never knew how much I liked you.
And how much I thought about you.
But I have better things to think of than you.
I'm kind of a deep person so I can think about things
like:
Old Age
and Money
and Death
and Dreams
and Laughing
and Forever
and Love
and Not You. 
But sometimes when I do think about you, I wonder if you ever think about me.
I bet you think about me.



3 comments:

  1. I like this post. It was interesting, and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Every time I think about you I think about how you might be thinking about me."Stealing this. Thanks for the beautiful posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I bet you think of me when your favorite song plays"
    I love this because I know I've done the same thing

    ReplyDelete