Sunday, February 24, 2013

a verse or two for fear

Inside me there are lots of thoughts,
around me there are lots of people,
who walk &
          talk &
          gawk.
Their words are fast.
Their words cook fast.
Their words burn faster. 
I keep looking over my shoulder. 
Until I finally learn to master
my sweaty
     palms &
        feet &
        brain.
Because I'm nervous.
I'm afraid.
To talk to you and to look at you and to love you.
Because there is BBQ in your belly.
And there is a pot roast in your head.
And it's cookin'.
And it's burning.
It's a pattern.
I'm scared, then I'm sweaty, then I'm hurt.
       I'm
       Near
       The 
       Ledge
       And 
       I'm
       Going
       To 
       Forge
       Into
       The
       Uncertainty. 
Because fear isn't going to control me anymore. 










No comments:

Post a Comment