Friday, February 8, 2013

love lock down

I’m sitting on my art easel contemplating love.
I’m sitting indian style.
and I'm thinking...
I’ve never been in love. I don’t know when I will be in love.
What I do know is that it took me way too long to define something I’ve never experienced. But I think that’s understandable.
So here goes my best attempt at pretending to know what I’m talking about.
I’ve collected flashes of love, from movies and parties and weddings and this is what I’ve calculated. This is as close as I can get. 
LOVE is young.
I’m sitting and drooling and remembering second grade when I was barely old enough to paste paper hearts to my valentine’s day box but I was old enough to hope for, want, and anticipate that special note from that special someone.
I didn’t really care who that special someone was as long as he brought sleeves of Oreo’s and good treats for his birthday to class.
LOVE is my Aveeno lotion.
My skin is so dry when I rub it on it just sort of stings. A sting that reminds me of all those days I tried to ignore the dry patches forming on the part of my elbow I could only see in the mirror. Aveeno lotion only lasts 24 hours anyways. Those dry patches will last longer than 24 hours. Lifetime warranty.
LOVE is Ziploc.
My goldfish taste like Ziploc.
My left over pizza tastes like Ziploc.
Ziploc. Zip lock. Love lock. Love lock down.


Love contaminates ordinary life. Love pollutes logic and scratches out all sense.
Well that about sums it up. I will probably feel differently when this so called 'love' grabs me by the feet ands swings me over the mountains of my ignorance. But for now, this is as close as I can get.

Love is for suckers.
Love is gullible.
Gullible is written on the ceiling.
Don’t look now but so is love.



3 comments:

  1. I was barely old enough to paste paper hearts to my valentine’s day box but I was old enough to hope for, want, and anticipate that special note from that special someone.

    I really like this. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite. Love is Ziploc.
    What does Ziploc taste like?
    What does love taste like?
    Perfection...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! You have a hundred small fragments that have eight hundred subtleties to them. I like it so much.

    ReplyDelete