Monday, April 29, 2013

can we just talk about now...always?

"I'm feeling that everything is moving and changing and growing. I'm feeling the ending."

(air)

"These things and people seem so important now, everyone keeps telling me, they won't matter soon, soon I will forget all about everything here and make better friends and do better things, they tell me that everything up to till this point in my life has been insignificant, people tell me that but if none of it matters after- why was I not just born at 19?"

And then you finally said something. "19 is too old to start at."

"But no. They say 19 is young, that real life is just beginning, that I've got my whole life ahead of me...but what about the 18 years I've got behind me? Why do I give other people permission to cast-away my youth and experiences, why do people feel like they can insult everything I've ever felt or done with light words like little and early? My life is young, but it's a collection of depth and intimacy--not just immaturity. I wish I could yell that at them."

"Youth is charm. When they are confused at your confidence with the future, look at them with those crazy eyes and yell at them all you want. People sometimes, just don't get people."

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, THANK YOU.
    This is perfect and you are so right.
    love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was all of my feelings right now summed up. can we please go out for smoothies and talk about it.. ya? ok sweet

    that last line was powerful too

    ReplyDelete