Sunday, March 3, 2013

wardbacks

I'm sitting here writing this.
But now I'm awake and 
I don't listen to anyone when they try to wake me up.
so no one could wake me up or even find me.
Sometimes I wish I slept under my bed 
I'm going to listen to what my parents say more.
And I estimate those five seconds of courage paid off. 
...that raises my self esteem like 4 points.
much sugar and lots of people tell me it's good
So I make a smoothie with too 
through a couple more hours of videos and competitions. 
and I haven't eaten and I'm tired so I sit
And then the middle is filled with tears and lots of shakes
I hope they stop judging me before I die.
and I'm in awe.
and I stare into eyes of fraudulent compliments
Five seconds of courage is all they say
Then I sit there on a mantle of fear.
of feels all acidy and stuck in my throat.
as the capsule I swallowed with no food so it kind 
The grumbling in my stomach hurst almost as bad
I walked upstairs and prayed.
Start. I brushed my teeth and my hair and my eyebrows. 

3 comments:

  1. This reads like a journal. An interesting journal.

    "Sometimes I wish I slept under my bed." Great line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes i wish i slept under my bed. i love this concept its so.. emotional. there is a lot of meaning behind this one sentence it just depends how you read it and what you take from it. love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Then I sit there on a mantle of fear."

    Stolen in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete