Monday, March 25, 2013

the wednesday before thursday

I keep playing hide and seek with reality.
Real life is approaching too fast. 
I have an ear ache from all my goals and I have an eye twitch because my past keeps moving in the shadows. 

I'm overall, just disappointed--
because,
*I was hoping to be happy by seventeen.

But it has been 515 days since seventeen, and each day I feel closer and closer to the border. The line where happiness starts and loneliness and heartbreak and every other ugly feeling end.

My heart it starting to mold and it smells like 
Aspergillus penicillium. 
I've got to act fast.

I wrote down "MY DREAMS" on a piece of black card stock and I took out a magnifying glass. 
It was Wednesday. And I sat on my curb with my feet on the pavement and my ambition in the clouds.
And then where ever the wind touched the paper I burnt a hole. I did that until I could see more positive than negative.
I did it 
so that
when I hold up my dreams to my mom's perspective and logic on Thursday,
I can maybe, somehow, possibly remember how I got to that curb in the first place.
MY DREAMS. 
My mom says "Reality hurts."
But I say "So do sunburns. And mold."


4 comments:

  1. so artistic, this was so different and interesting, i really really liked it! "The line where happiness starts and loneliness and heartbreak and every other ugly feeling end" loved that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really awesome post. You had me from that first line. You hooked me really easy. I'm no pushover either. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. first of all I love the title of this post. You make writing look so easy and flawless. I love how your personality is apparent in every one of your posts. this blog is one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete